|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of medieval chapel, Greengate Way South|
According to a document of 1653 this was the site of St Bride's medieval chapel. However, Ordnance Survey records have no information about a chapel in this location.
Images - none
|Parish:||RINGSTEAD, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Site of chapel.
A formal of land, renewed in 1653, refers to one acre two rods of arable enclosed with St Bride's Chapel at Greengate Way South. See (S1). No name like this on Ordnance Survey, except for Green Bank (NHER 1338) noted by R. R. Clarke (NCM) as ancient road.
E. Rose (NAU) 15 September 1980.
- CHAPEL (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|<S1>||Documentary Source: Martin, T. c. 1700-1799. Collections of Church Notes. Norfolk Records Office. c. 1740. |
Related records - none
Find out more...