|Type of record:||Find Spot|
An inscribed medieval seal was found in 1754 at an unknown location in the parish.
Images - none
|Parish:||SHERNBORNE, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1754. At unknown site.
Seal, oval; S CAPITVLI SCI SEPULCRI DE CADOMO.
(S1) claims this refers to the cell of St Stephen of Caen at Gayton.
E. Rose (NAU), 27 August 1980.
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- SEAL (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|<S1>||Documentary Source: Martin, T. c. 1700-1799. Collections of Church Notes. Norfolk Records Office. 1750. |
Related records - none
Find out more...