Record Details

NHER Number:15427
Type of record:Monument
Name:Site of post mill


A post mill, built in 1774 and last used 1864, is marked on a map of 1797.

Images - none


Grid Reference:TG 2644 3478
Map Sheet:TG23SE

Full description

Mill Cottages.

Site of Southrepps wind mill.
Marked on map of 1797 (S1).
E. Rose (NAU), 7 November 1979.

A post mill built in 1774 and last used 1864. [1]
Compiled by E. Rose (NAU), 23 March 1982.

Monument Types

  • POST MILL (18th Century to 19th Century - 1774 AD to 1864 AD)
  • WINDMILL (18th Century to 19th Century - 1774 AD to 1864 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status - none

Sources and further reading

---Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card.
<S1>Publication: Faden, W. and Barringer, J. C. 1989. Faden's Map of Norfolk in 1797.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2021 Norfolk Historic Environment Service