Record Details

NHER Number:15161
Type of record:Monument
Name:Site of post medieval mill


A mill was marked at this location on Faden's map of 1797. Further research shows that this post mill was replaced by a tower mill in 1853-60. The mill was last used in 1878.

Images - none


Grid Reference:TF 927 130
Map Sheet:TF91SW

Full description

Site of wind mill.
Marked on Faden's map 1797.
E. Rose (NAU) 21 August 1979.

A post mill replaced by a tower mill 1853-60. Last used 1878.
E. Rose (NAU) 24 March 1982.

Monument Types

  • WINDMILL (16th Century to 19th Century - 1540 AD to 1878 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status - none

Sources and further reading

---Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card.
<S1>Publication: Faden, W. and Barringer, J. C. 1989. Faden's Map of Norfolk in 1797.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2024 Norfolk Historic Environment Service