|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Old Rectory, Upper Street|
The Old Rectory was formerly a half-H-shaped building, with a massive east wall that is still visible in the cellar. The remains of late 17th century ornamental pilaster and brickwork suggest an earlier building reworked at that time. The north wing of the building has been demolished, and the building was 're-Tudorised' in the early 19th century and then changed to Classical appearance in the mid 19th century.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 2580 3677|
|Parish:||SOUTHREPPS, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Formerly a half-H-shaped building, with massive east wall visible in cellar. Remains of late 17th century ornamental pilaster and brickwork suggest an earlier building reworked at that time. North wing now demolished. Building 're-Tudorised' in early 19th century but then changed to Classical appearance in mid 19th.
See report (S1) in secondary file.
Compiled by E. Rose (NLA), 28 July 1994.
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Unpublished Document: Yardley, C. J. 2011. The Mun Valley: Historic landscape Assessment and Landscape Character Assessment for Norfolk Coast Project. p 12. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|---||Collection: Norfolk Historic Environment Record Staff. 1975-. HER Record Notes. Norfolk Historic Environment Service. |
|<S1>||Unpublished Document: Rose, E.. 1994. Building Report.. Building Report. |
Related records - none
Find out more...