|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Neolithic axehead and multi period pottery, Hatchet Breck|
Fieldwalking here in 1954 and 1989 recovered a Neolithic polished flint axehead along with Roman and medieval pottery sherds.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 7288 4095|
|Parish:||RINGSTEAD, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1954. At context 1: TF 7280 4100.
White polished flint axehead.
E. Rose (NAU/NLA).
Roman and medieval pottery, flints.
Details filed under NHER 25186-25200.
M. Flitcroft (NAU) 22 March 1989.
- FINDSPOT (Lower Palaeolithic to Medieval - 1000000 BC to 1539 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POLISHED AXEHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- HOOKED TAG (15th Century to 17th Century - 1500 AD to 1700 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Unpublished Contractor Report: Leah, M. D. and Flitcroft, M. 1990. Archaeological Surveys at Park Farm, Snettisham and Courtyard Farm, Ringstead. Norfolk Archaeological Unit. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Record Card: Clarke, R. R. and NCM Staff. 1933-1973. Norwich Castle Museum Record Card - Neolithic. Ringstead. |
Related records - none
Find out more...