|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Multi-period metal finds|
Metal detecting between 1988 and 2002 recovered a range of objects, including Roman coins and a figurine, a Saxon hooked tag and strap fitting, medieval buckles and medieval to post medieval jettons.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 68 40|
|Parish:||OLD HUNSTANTON, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
THIS SITE PREVIOUSLY CONTAINED CROPMARKS NOW RECORDED UNDER NHER 27160.
1988 to 1996.
Metal detector finds from this field were not kept separate from site NHER 1270 to east.
See full details unde NHER 1270.
E. Rose (NLA), 26 April 1999.
Before 6 July 2000. Metal detecting.
See NHER 1270 for overlap.
Eight Roman coins.
Roman, Middle Saxon or Late Saxon metal finds.
Two medieval/post medieval jettons.
See lists and map copy showing find locations in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 5 May 2001.
2001-2002. Metal detecting.
One Roman, one Middle Saxon/Late Saxon and one medieval metal object.
See list and map in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 29 March 2003.
- FINDSPOT (Roman to Post Medieval - 43 AD to 1900 AD)
- BROOCH (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FIGURINE (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINGER RING (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FURNITURE FITTING (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- HOOKED TAG (Middle Saxon - 651 AD to 850 AD)
- STRAP FITTING (Middle Saxon - 651 AD to 850 AD)
- HOOKED TAG (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- STRAP FITTING (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- BUCKLE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- JETTON (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- JETTON (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Sources and further reading
|---||Aerial Photograph: TF6840 U-W. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
Related records - none
Find out more...