|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Roman coins and multi-period pottery|
Late prehistoric pottery, Roman coins and pottery and medieval pottery found in 1974 and 1983.
Images - none
1974. On surface of ploughed field.
Roman pottery and coins, 2nd to 4th century.
E. Rose (NAU).
Winter 1983. Context 2: at 7288 8770, in northern part of that area within the earthwork complex which had been destroyed by ploughing. Found in animal disturbance.
One sherd of prehistoric flint gritted pottery and one sherd of 13 to 15th century green glazed.
See detailed map in NHER 5357 file.
A. Rogerson (NAU) and A.K. Gregory (NAU) 16 May 1984.
- FINDSPOT (Late Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Late Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Sources and further reading
|---||Serial: 1974. Council for British Archaeology Group 7 Bulletin of Archaeological Discoveries for 1974. No 21. p 4. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Record Card: Clarke, R. R. and NCM Staff. 1933-1973. Norwich Castle Museum Record Card - Roman. Hockwold Cum Wilton. |
Related records - none
Find out more...