|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||The Old Rectory|
A wing of a 17th century timber framed house is attached to a large early 18th century brick block, which makes up the main part of the house. The 18th century south façade is of 5 bays with a central doorway and sash windows.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 19644 00707|
|Parish:||MULBARTON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
One surviving wing of a timber framed house of about 1600. Main block rebuilt in brick 1721. Extended and altered in 19th century.
See (S1) and (S2) in file.
E. Rose (NLA), 17 March 2005.
- (Former Type) VICARAGE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- TIMBER FRAMED HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: Unknown. 2005. H01-08. |
|---||Monograph: Pevsner, N and Wilson, W. 1999. Norfolk 2: North-West and South. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. p 549. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Unpublished Document: Rose, E. (NLA). 2005. Building Report.. Building Report. |
|<S2>||Illustration: Various. Various. Architectural plans. |
|41250||Parent of: Barn east of Old Rectory (Building)|
|14213||Parent of: Old Rectory Barn and Rectory Cottage (Building)|
Find out more...