|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Barn east of Old Rectory|
An 18th century brick barn with a central arched cart door, pilasters and honeycomb ventilators. The barn has now been converted into a house.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 19683 00695|
|Parish:||MULBARTON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
October 1951. Listed, Grade II.
18th century barn with pantiled roof; brick. 5 bays defined by pilasters. Central arched cart door to east. Honeycomb ventilators with arched heads. Tumbled gables.
Information from (S1).
Seen briefly by E. Rose (NLA) March 2005.
Now converted to housing.
Above description correct - diagonal skintlings on bricks - also a blocked pedestrian door to rectory garden on west.
E. Rose (NLA), 17 March 2005.
- BARN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: 1993. Photographs of barn east of Old Rectory, Rectory Lane, Mulbarton. black and white. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1172399. |
|41249||Part of: The Old Rectory (Building)|
Find out more...