|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Old Rectory Barn and Rectory Cottage|
An early 18th century brick barn and stables with an attached 19th century coachman's cottage. The barn has shaped gables and is dated 1731 with clampirons.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 1966 0067|
|Parish:||MULBARTON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Barn; large, red brick with shaped gables. 2 storeys of brick grilles spaced irregularly, on east a catslide extension (perhaps contemporary) - but all dated in clampirons 1731. Indication of late survival of shaped gables. At a more recent date a house has been built on south end copying the shaped gable. All now disused.
Visited by E. Rose (NAU) 9 November 1978.
(S1) states extension is coachman's house and 19th century date.
See (S2) in file.
- BARN (1731, Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- COACHMANS COTTAGE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- STABLE (1731, Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Monograph: Pevsner, N and Wilson, W. 1999. Norfolk 2: North-West and South. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. p 549. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. |
|<S2>||Photograph: Unknown. 2005. B01-07. |
|41249||Part of: The Old Rectory (Building)|
Find out more...