|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Tower Farmhouse, Tower End|
An 18th century farmhouse built in coursed and galletted carstone with brick dressings. To the north of the house is a two-storey 19th century extension with a bay window and a door canopy.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 66801 17336|
|Parish:||MIDDLETON, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
House of coursed galletted carrstone with brick dressings, dentil cornice, pantile roof. 5 bays, 2 storeys and attic with continuous 19th century extension to north. The latter section has a bay window and a door canopy, and windows with 'horizontal hung sashes' (does this mean Yorkshire windows?). Older south section has casements, one dormer and axial stack offcentre. Early 19th century curved canopy of glass tiles on wrought iron posts added. East 'return' (here apparently meaning gable wall) has MC17 and west MC8- in iron bars, which listing takes to be date 178-.
Details from (S1).
E. Rose (NLA), 14 January 2005.
- FARMHOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest. |
|35377||Parent of: Farm building north of Tower Farmhouse (Find Spot)|
|41102||Parent of: Tower Farm Barn and south sheds (Building)|
Find out more...