|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Farm building north of Tower Farmhouse|
A 19th century farm building that contains reused carved medieval masonry including colonettes, jambs and bases.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 6681 1742|
|Parish:||MIDDLETON, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Farm building on corner of Tower Lane.
West wall, of carrstone, contains a number of fragments of reused limestone including colonettes, jambs and bases.
E. Rose (NLA), 5 May 2000.
This building is part of a range of 19th century brick and flint cattle sheds, the south face of which is supported on iron poles. There is a small separate block in 19th century brick with wooden poles. (S1) for the buildings to the south (NHER 41102) mentions reused masonry there which was not found; NHER 35377 is not listed but this may imply it was meant to be.
E. Rose (NLA), 14 January 2005.
- FARM BUILDING (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- ARCHITECTURAL FRAGMENT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest. |
|41101||Part of: Tower Farmhouse, Tower End (Building)|
Find out more...