|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Roman brooch and medieval stud|
Metal detecting in 1994 recovered a Roman dolphin type brooch, a late medieval stud and Roman and medieval coins.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 22 21|
|Parish:||STRATTON STRAWLESS, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
June/July 1994. Metal detector finds.
Two Roman coins, one medieval coin. See lists in file.
Roman dolphin type brooch, spring mechanism type, 1st century AD.
Identified by J. Davies (NCM).
Late medieval white metal coated stud, frondiform with three circular pierced holes, a lobe at one end and spike on reverse.
Identified by S. Margeson (NCM).
A. Rogerson (NLA) 3 October 1994.
Part of large scatter, NHER 33772.
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- BROOCH (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- STRAP FITTING (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- STUD (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|33772||Related to: Multi-period metal objects and pottery sherds (Find Spot)|
Find out more...