|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Neolithic to Bronze Age flint working site|
A Neolithic to Bronze Age flint working site, including a fabricator and a fragment of hammerstone was found on the surface after ploughing before 1978. A piece of Roman or medieval pottery were also found.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 6822 4134|
|Parish:||OLD HUNSTANTON, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Found before 1978.
Surface finds after ploughing.
Neolithic/Early Bronze Age flint industry including fabricator and hammer stone fragment.
Body sherd, hard grey ware, Roman or medieval.
Material not seen.
E. Rose (NAU), 22 February 1982.
- LITHIC WORKING SITE (Early Neolithic to Early Bronze Age - 4000 BC to 1501 BC)
- FABRICATOR (Early Neolithic to Early Bronze Age - 4000 BC to 1501 BC)
- HAMMERSTONE (Early Neolithic to Early Bronze Age - 4000 BC to 1501 BC)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources - none
Related records - none
Find out more...