|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Roman, Late Saxon and medieval finds|
Romano-British and medieval coins, Late Saxon harness fittings and medieval strap ends found during metal detecting.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TL 71 92|
|Parish:||FELTWELL, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Copper alloy strap end decorated with rocker arm zig zag ornament, slight point at base.
Identified by S. Margeson (NCM), 10 January 1992.
See (S1 and S2).
Information from .
W. Milligan (NCM), 15 January 1992
Before 9 May 2007. Metal detecting, site extended to whole field, previous findspot recorded .
2 Roman coins, Late Saxon and medieval metal objects and a Tealby penny.
See lists in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 28 July 2007.
- FINDSPOT (Unknown date)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- STRAP END (Undated)
- STRAP FITTING (Undated)
- TEXTILE (Undated)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- BRIDLE BIT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- HARNESS FITTING (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- STRAP END (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Archive: Clarke, R. R. and NCM Staff. 1933-1973. Norwich Castle Museum Record Card - Medieval. Feltwell. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Photograph: I&RS. Finds Polaroid. Polaroid. |
|<S2>||Illustration: Milligan, W.. 1971. Drawing of a unidentified Roman curving object and an undated strap end.. Card. 1:1. |
Related records - none
Find out more...