|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of Littlewell Hall|
This is the site of the moated medieval manor house known as Littlewell Hall, recorded in medieval documents dating from before the 13th century. A slight depression marks the position of the moat, and medieval building material has been found on the site.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 6817 0613|
|Parish:||FINCHAM, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Site of Littlewell Hall (Ordnance Survey).
Small corner of moat shown on (S1).
The moat has gone and only building debris on a slight rise marks the spot, William de Littlewell owned the manor before the reign of Henry III. See (S2).
Visited on 6 August 1980.
A small depression still exists marking the corner of the moat. At time of visit it was an island of bushes and grass in field of corn.
E. Rose (NAU), 6 August 1980.
- GREAT HOUSE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- MOAT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- ARCHITECTURAL FRAGMENT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Record Card: Clarke, R. R. and NCM Staff. 1933-1973. Norwich Castle Museum Record Card - Medieval. Fincham. |
|<S1>||Map: Ordnance Survey. 1957. Ordnance Survey 6 inch map. |
|<S2>||Record Card: Ordnance Survey Staff. 1933-1979?. Ordnance Survey Record Cards. TF 60 NE 14 . |
Related records - none
Find out more...