|Type of record:||Building|
The Old School in the churchyard was endowed in 1812 but the present building dates to 1812 with the addition of an infants room in 1841. The buildings has two gabled porches labelled boys and girls.
Images - none
June 1975. Visit.
School in churchyard, has two gabled porches labelled 'boys' and 'girls' and two plaques, one referring to the founding in 1812 (in Latin) by the bequest of one Kett, the other to a rebuilding in 1841. (S1) claims that each gable is of the same date as its plaque, but it seems obvious that the whole is of 1841 with the earlier plaque reset. Building should be preserved.
E. Rose (NAU), 2 June 1975.
(S2) in file.
E. Rose (NAU).
April 2011. Norfolk Rural Schools Survey.
The school was built in 1812 and is constructed from brick, which has been rendered and a modern slate roof.
S. Howard (HES), 23 August 2011.
- SCHOOL (Post Medieval - 1841 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Aerial Photograph: RAF. 1946. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Serial: Pevsner, N. & Wilson, B.. 1989. The Buildings of England. Norfolk 2: North-West and South.. |
|<S2>||Photograph: Unknown. |
|<S3>||Unpublished document: Bate, S. & Blaikie, S.. 2011. Norfolk Rural Schools Survey Form. Dickleburgh School, Dickleburgh, Norfolk.. April. |
Related records - none
Find out more...