|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flint tools, Roman and medieval pottery sherds|
Fieldwalking in this area during 2000, as part of the STANTA Survey, recovered prehistoric flint implements along with sherds of Roman and medieval pottery.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TL 908 895|
|Parish:||WRETHAM, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
March-May 2000. Fieldwalking for STANTA Survey. Fieldwork No: H3.
Undatable prehistoric worked flints.
Roman and medieval sherds.
A. Rogerson (NLA) 27 July 2000.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- CORE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- FLAKE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- SCRAPER (TOOL) (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Unpublished Document: Davison, A.. 2002. STANTA ILMP Arable Survey. June. |
|---||Article in Serial: Davison, A. and Cushion, B. 2005. An Archaeological Survey of the Stanford Training Area, 2000-2. Norfolk Archaeology. Vol XLIV Pt IV pp 602-616. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...