|Type of record:||Find Spot|
A Middle Saxon strap fitting, part of a medieval or post medieval vessel, and a post medieval coin dating from the reign of Phillip and Mary, found by metal detecting.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 17 02|
|Parish:||EAST CARLETON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1997. Metal detecting.
Middle Saxon strap end
Philip and Mary groat.
Identified by J. A. Davies (NCM) 19 January 1998..
16th/17th century spout.
Identifed by H. M. Geake (A&E) 22 October 1997.
W. Milligan (NCM) 7 October 1997.
- FINDSPOT (Middle Saxon - 651 AD to 850 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- STRAP FITTING (Middle Saxon - 651 AD to 850 AD)
- VESSEL (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- COIN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: I&RS. Finds Polaroid. Polaroid. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
Related records - none
Find out more...