|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric burnt flint and post medieval pottery and metal items, Bacton to Great Yarmouth pipeline project|
A NAU watching brief involving fieldwalking and metal detecting in advance of the Bacton to Great Yarmouth gas pipeline recovered one prehistoric burnt flint and post medieval pottery and metalwork including a cutlery handle and a door knob back plate.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 3918 2166|
|Parish:||CATFIELD, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1997. Fieldwalking and metal detecting. Bacton to Great Yarmouth pipeline. Field/Location RDX 18.1
One pot boiler was recovered along with three sherds of post medieval pottery and post medieval metal items including a decorative object, a cutlery handle, and a door knob back plate.
See (S1) for further details.
E. Rose (NLA), November 1998.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT BOILER (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- CUTLERY (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- DOOR FITTING (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- UNIDENTIFIED OBJECT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Unpublished document: Crowson, A. (NAU). 1997. NAU Report No. 262. Bacton-to-Great Yarmouth Power Station Pipeline Archaeological Fieldwalking Survey.. RDX 18.1. |
Related records - none
Find out more...