|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Multi-period finds scatter|
Fieldwalking in advance of the Scole to Dickleburgh Road Improvement Scheme recovered prehistoric worked flints including a ?Mesolithic implement and Roman, medieval and post-medieval pottery sherds.
Images - none
Fieldwork in advance of Scole to Dickleburgh road improvement. Field 6645.
3 undatable prehistoric flint flakes.
1 broken flint 'pick' - possibly a Mesolithic implement?
3 Roman pottery sherds.
5 medieval sherds.
6 post-medieval pottery sherds.
See report for further details (S1).
E. Rose (NLA), 26 February 1993. Amended by P. Watkins (HES), 9 January 2014.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Mesolithic - 10000 BC? to 4001 BC?)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FLAKE (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- PICK? (Mesolithic - 10000 BC? to 4001 BC?)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Unpublished document: Penn, K. (NAU). 1993. NAU Report No. 43. Fieldwork Report on the Scole - Dickleburgh Road Improvement, Norfolk.. |
Related records - none
Find out more...