|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Multi-period metal finds|
A Roman coin, a silver Middle Saxon strap fitting with niello inlay and an animal-head terminal, and a medieval thimble, found during metal detecting.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 79 22|
|Parish:||GREAT MASSINGHAM, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1990. Metal detecting finds.
Illegible 2nd century sestertius. See list in file.
9th century silver strap end with animal head terminal and niello inlay. See full information in file, and (S1).
Medieval copper alloy thimble, conical, hand punched dot, 2 incised lines at base as border.
W. Milligan (NCM) 7 November 1990.
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Middle Saxon - 651 AD to 850 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- STRAP FITTING (Middle Saxon - 651 AD to 850 AD)
- THIMBLE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Photograph: NCC Find Identification and Recording Service. c. 1975-2000. HES Find Polaroid Collection. HES Find Polaroid Collection. polaroid. black and white. |
Related records - none
Find out more...