|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of Early Saxon settlement and multi-period finds|
Prehistoric flint implements and pottery dating from the Iron Age to the medieval periods, found by fieldwalking. The number of Early Saxon pottery fragments recovered suggest that this is the site of an Early Saxon settlement.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 73 14|
|Parish:||EAST WINCH, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
November 1991. Fieldwalking
Iron Age, Roman, Early Saxon, medieval, undated sherds, about 50 Early Saxon sherds.
See plan and list in file.
D. A. Gurney (NLA), 3 December 1991.
March 2010. Fieldwalking.
Iron Age, Iron Age/Early Saxon, Early Saxon, medieval and undatable pot sherds; 1 Roman coin; medieval roof tile fragments.
See map and list in file.
S. Howard (HES), 1 November 2010.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Early Saxon - 410 AD to 650 AD)
- SETTLEMENT (Early Saxon - 410 AD to 650 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Unknown date)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Early Iron Age to Roman - 800 BC to 409 AD)
- POT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Early Saxon - 411 AD to 650 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- ROOF TILE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...