|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Head from 18th or 19th century tobacco jar|
Metal detecting recovered a lead head from an 18th or 19th century tobacco jar.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 19 13|
|Parish:||HORSFORD, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
November 1990. Metal detecting find
?Iron Age or ?Roman Lead 'Negroid' head similar to those found at Snettisham (NHER 1487 context 29; also British Museum excavations, November 1990)
To be photographed NAU.
D. Gurney (NAU), 6 December 1990
Lead head found November 1990 reinterpreted as part of 18th/19th century tobacco jar lid.
D. Gurney (NLA), 3 January 1991
- FINDSPOT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FIGURINE (Undated)
- FIGURINE (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- FIGURINE (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- VESSEL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Publication: Myer, R.. Chats on Old English Tobacco Jars. |
Related records - none
Find out more...