|Type of record:||Find Spot|
An Iron Age terret, Roman coins and medieval and post medieval metalwork, found by metal detecting.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 23 24|
|Parish:||BRAMPTON, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
5 March 1988. Found with metal detecting.
Antoninianus, mid 3rd century.
As 1st to 2nd century.
Identified by A. Gregory (NAU)
As of Claudius, Minerva type, probably irregular AD 50 to 70.
Details as before.
S. Margeson (NCM) 22 August 1988.
August/September 2002. Metal detecting.
Iron Age terret, (S1).
Medieval and post medieval metal finds.
See lists in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 25 September 2002.
- FINDSPOT (Early Iron Age to Roman - 800 BC to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval to 19th Century - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- HARNESS FITTING (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FURNITURE FITTING (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- BUCKLE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: NLA. Finds Photograph. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Illustration: White, S.. 2002. Drawing of an Iron Age terret.. Film. 2:1. |
Related records - none
Find out more...