|Type of record:||Building|
The squared and knapped flint west range of Manor Farmhouse dates to the 16th century and the red brick east range to the 18th century. There is an 18th century wooden doorcase.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 7913 2638|
|Parish:||HARPLEY, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
October 1951. Listed, Grade II.
16th century, west range, 18th century east range. Squared and knapped coursed flint to early block and red brick to later build. Red pantiles. Two storey four window later. Original block has stitching of two blocked ground and single blocked first floor rectangular rusticated windows, brick quoins and kneelers of former jettied gable at southwest. Steep roof, one north gable stack. 18th century wing to east is of a number of builds. Windows in older block are around 1900, in later block 18th century with additions. 18th century wooden doorcase.
Information from (S1).
E. Rose (NAU), 24 February 1986.
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Monograph: Pevsner, N and Wilson, W. 1999. Norfolk 2: North-West and South. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. p 387. |
|<S1>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1077657. |
Related records - none
Find out more...