|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Banyers Hall, Lady Drove|
This mid 17th century brick and tiled house was restored in 1985. It is shaped like an H and has one and a half storeys. The door and all the windows are 20th century. The south part of the house was originally the service wing. Inside are two inglenook fireplaces.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 4967 0795|
|Parish:||EMNETH, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
October 1983. Listed, Grade II.
Banyers Hall, Lady Drove.
Mid 17th century (restored 1985). Brick, tiled. H plan, one and a half storeys. East facade three bays between projecting gabled crosswings. Door, windows, dormers all 20th century. Central square ridge stack with four square flues. North cross wing with string and eaves course continuing into returns, internal gable stacks. Interior retains ovolo moulded spine beams and two inglenook fireplaces. South range originally service wing; has stud wall with two arched doorways. Roof largely of 1985.
See (S1) for full listing description.
E. Rose (NAU), 31 January 1986.
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Monograph: Pevsner, N and Wilson, W. 1999. Norfolk 2: North-West and South. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. p 334. |
|<S1>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1305587. |
Related records - none
Find out more...