|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||1 Leists Farm Cottages and Timber Cottage|
These houses began life as a hall house built around 1500. The floor and stack were inserted into the building in the 17th century. The building was extended to the east in the 18th century, and much altered in the 20th century.
Images - none
Hall house about 1500 with inserted floor and stack about 1600, much altered and restored.
E. Rose (NAU), 5 August 1983.
Further examination of eastern end of building (known as Timber Cottage) tends to confirm origin as a hall house with inserted stack and floor of early 17th century. Building extended to east in 18th century, and much altered in 20th century.
E. Rose (NLA), 28 June 2005.
- HALL HOUSE (Medieval - 1500 AD to 1539 AD)
- HOUSE (Medieval to Modern - 1500 AD to 2050 AD)
- TIMBER FRAMED HOUSE (Medieval to Modern - 1500 AD to 2050 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Unpublished document: Rose, E.. 1983. Building Report.. |
|<S2>||Unpublished document: Rose, E. (NLA). 2005. Building Report.. |
Related records - none
Find out more...