|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric, medieval and post-medieval finds|
Fieldwalking here in 1980 recovered a potentially Palaeolithic flint flake; a Neolithic flint knife and medieval and post-medieval pottery sherds.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 3279 0921|
|Parish:||BLOFIELD, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
Scatter over large field south of Manor Farm (several fields on (S1)):
1 ?Palaeolithic ?retouched flint flake (patination suggests a possible Palaeolithic date).
1 Neolithic flint knife.
5 medieval pottery sherds (including ?jug and unglazed sherds).
Various post-medieval pottery sherds (including 17th-18th century bellarmine, stoneware and other miscellaneous post medieval wares.
All finds (with the exception of the Neolithic flint knife) donated to the Norwich Castle Museum (NWHCM : 1981.507).
Flints identified by E. Rose (NAU) and pottery by A. Rogerson (NAU). Information from (S2).
Amended by P. Watkins (HES), 6 May 2014.
- FINDSPOT (Lower Palaeolithic to Middle Palaeolithic - 1000000 BC? to 40001 BC?)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- RETOUCHED FLAKE? (Lower Palaeolithic to Middle Palaeolithic - 500000 BC? to 40001 BC?)
- KNIFE (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Map: Ordnance Survey, First Edition, 6 Inch. 1879-1886. Ordnance Survey 1st Edition 6 inch map.. |
|<S2>||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
Related records - none
Find out more...