|Type of record:||Find Spot|
Prehistoric flints, including a Neolithic scraper, Roman coins and pottery and a post medieval buckle have been found by metal detecting.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 24 24|
|Parish:||BRAMPTON, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
See NHER 52549 for details of cropmarks formerly recorded under NHER 17289.
September 1987. Context 2.
Found with metal detecting.
AS, 1st to 2nd century.
Identified by A. Gregory (NAU)
W. Milligan (NCM) 30 September 1987.
Roman grey ware sherd.
E. B. Green (NCM), 6 April 1988.
April to May 2000. Metal detecting.
?Neolithic flint scraper and early post medieval buckle.
See list with grid references in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA) 9 June 2000.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- SCRAPER (TOOL) (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- SCRAPER (TOOL) (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- BUCKLE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...