Record Details

NHER Number:16403
Type of record:Monument
Name:Site of post-medieval windmill

Summary

This is the site of a post medieval windmill that is marked on old maps and went out of use in 1917.

Images - none

Location

Grid Reference:TM 172 823
Map Sheet:TM18SE
Parish:DICKLEBURGH AND RUSHALL, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK

Full description

Site of windmill.
Marked on (S1).
E. Rose (NAU), 28 July 1980.

Also marked on (S2), but slightly misplaced. Last used 1917.
E. Rose (NAU), 2 February 1982.

Windmill shown on (S3).
E. Rose (NLA), 3 May 2006.

Monument Types

  • WINDMILL (18th Century to World War One - 1797 AD? to 1917 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status - none

Sources and further reading

---Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card.
<S1>Map: Ordnance Survey. 1824-1836. Ordnance Survey First Edition 1 inch.. 1836.
<S2>Publication: Faden, W. and Barringer, J. C. 1989. Faden's Map of Norfolk in 1797.
<S3>Map: Ordnance Survey. 1883. First edition six inch map.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2019 Norfolk Historic Environment Service