|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of post medieval windmill|
The site of a post medieval post mill. Known as the Staithe Mill, it was in use until 1888. No trace remains.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 843 439|
|Parish:||BURNHAM OVERY, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
West of Mill Road. Site of post windmill.
Marked on (S1).
Replaced by present windmill to west.
E. Rose (NAU) 21 August 1979.
In fact last statement is not correct.
It lasted until 1888 and was properly known as Staithe Mill.
Its omission therefore from (S2) is a mistake.
E. Rose (NAU) 29 January 1982.
- WINDMILL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|<S1>||Publication: Faden, W. and Barringer, J. C. 1989. Faden's Map of Norfolk in 1797. |
|<S2>||Map: Ordnance Survey. 1824-1836. Ordnance Survey First Edition 1 inch.. |
Related records - none
Find out more...