|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Neolithic flints and Bronze Age button|
Neolithic flints including a leaf arrowhead and a plano-convex knife. These may be the same flints as those recorded under NHER 14662. A Bronze Age button recorded under this number may be the same as that recorded under NHER 5439.
Images - none
Curtis field 79.
V-perforated button, leaf arrowhead, petit tranchet derivative. 2 barbed and tanged arrowheads and plano-convex knife.
Information from (S1) via F. Healy (NAU).
E. Rose (NAU) 12 April 1979.
It is possible the button may in fact come from site NHER 5439.
The other flints are more likely to be general field scatter than from one spot and thus may be the same as those entered under NHER 14662.
Information from F. Healy (NAU).
E. Rose (NAU) 27 October 1988.
The button is probably the same object as that listed in (S2), which is listed as a find of the late F. Curtis. Its location is however given as Feltwell, suggesting that this object may be the same as that recorded under NHER 5164.
P. Watkins (HES), 21 March 2013.
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Beaker - 2300 BC to 1700 BC)
- LEAF ARROWHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- PLANO CONVEX KNIFE (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- TRANSVERSE ARROWHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- BUTTON (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- BARBED AND TANGED ARROWHEAD (Beaker - 2300 BC to 1700 BC)
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|<S1>||Unpublished Document: Curtis, F.. Curtis Catalogue. |
|<S2>||Article in Serial: Shepherd, I. A. G. 2009. The V-bored Buttons of Great Britain and Ireland. Proceedings of the Prehistoric Society. Vol 75 pp 335-369. p 358. |
Related records - none
Find out more...