|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Medieval stone building and multi-period finds|
Fieldwalking and casual observations have led to the discovery of the foundations of a medieval stone building and prehistoric, Roman, Saxon, medieval and post medieval objects. The artefacts include prehistoric flints and Roman, Middle Saxon, Late Saxon, medieval and post medieval pottery.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 6920 4252|
|Parish:||OLD HUNSTANTON, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
|xHUNSTANTON, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Flints, Roman and post medieval sherds.
Foundations of building found.
Middle Saxon, Late Saxon, medieval sherds, Roman sherds and quern.
1983 to 1984.
Roman sherds, medieval stonework.
See details in file.
E. Rose (NAU), 17 October 1990.
- BUILDING (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- CORE (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FLAKE (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- QUERN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Middle Saxon - 651 AD to 850 AD)
- POT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- ARCHITECTURAL FRAGMENT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...