|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Manor Farm barn|
This flint and brick barn once belonged to Manor Farm. The building is very long and rather grand. A reset plaque in the south facade suggests it may have been built in 1656 but 1831 is picked out in brick in the east gable. The barn has now been converted into houses.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 7918 2640|
|Parish:||HARPLEY, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
21 July 1977. Visit. Barn. Formerly belonging to Manor Farm.
Flint with brick trimmings, very long, grand. Tiled roof. Dated in brick in east gable 1831, but on south reset plaque in stone '1656 EP AD'. A few original tiebeams remain. Several later brick extensions. Very good condition.
E. Rose (NAU), 21 July 1977.
Converted into a row of several houses at some date after 1977 and before 1999.
Information from District Council.
E. Rose (NLA), 13 September 1999.
- BARN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources - none
Related records - none
Find out more...