|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||The Beeches, formerly Moor Farm|
This is a medieval moated site. The Beeches contains part of a crownpost roof of about 1400 probably associated with the moat, but most of this building was demolished and the rest incorporated in to the present building that was built around 1630. The outbuildings were added around 1800.
Images - none
Former moated site.
1994. Field Observation.
House contains part of crownpost roof of about 1400 but is largely of about 1630. Outbuildings of around 1800.
See report (S1) for further details. This work is also noted in (S2).
E. Rose (NLA), 14 April 1994.
- HOUSE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- MOAT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- TIMBER FRAMED BUILDING (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- TIMBER FRAMED BUILDING (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
- Listed Building
- Listed Building
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: GYT 31-6. |
|---||Record Card: Ordnance Survey Staff. 1933-1979?. Ordnance Survey Record Cards. TM 18 SE 4. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Record Card: Clarke, R. R. and NCM Staff. 1933-1973. Norwich Castle Museum Record Card - Medieval. Dickleburgh. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Unpublished Document: Rose, E.. 1994. Building Report.. Building Report. |
|<S2>||Article in Serial: Gurney, D. (ed.). 1995. Excavations and Surveys in Norfolk 1994. Norfolk Archaeology. Vol XLII Pt II pp 230-239. p 232. |
|MNO9715||Related to: Stables immediately S of The Beeches Dickleburgh Moor DICKLEBURGH (Revoked)|
|MNO9714||Related to: The Beeches Dickleburgh Moor DICKLEBURGH (Revoked)|
Find out more...