|Type of record:||Find Spot|
A Neolithic chipped flint axehead and stone whetstone were found between 1960 and 1968. Metal-detecting in 2013 recovered a Roman coin as well as medieval to post-medieval metal objects. The metal finds include a medieval buckle and copper alloy vessel or casket handle; a medieval/post-medieval copper alloy vessel fragment and a post-medieval discoidal lead weight and furniture fitting.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 16 19|
|Parish:||HAVERINGLAND, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
1968. Chipped flint axehead found when drilling corn. .
Drawn (S1) 1973 T. H. Mck. Clough (copy in file).
Schist hone found near axehead.
E. B. Green (NCM).
October 2013. Metal-detecting. .
1 Roman coin.
Medieval buckle and copper alloy vessel or casket handle.
Medieval/post-medieval copper alloy vessel fragment.
Post-medieval discoidal lead weight and a furniture fitting.
Information from PAS import.
A. Beckham (HES), 11 November 2013.
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval to Post Medieval - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FLAKED AXEHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- WHETSTONE (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- COIN (Roman - 81 AD to 96 AD)
- VESSEL (Medieval - 1300 AD to 1539 AD)
- VESSEL (Medieval to Post Medieval - 1300 AD to 1700 AD)
- BUCKLE (Medieval - 1400 AD to 1500 AD)
- WEIGHT (Post Medieval - 1550 AD to 1700 AD)
- FURNITURE FITTING (Post Medieval - 1660 AD to 1730 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Archive: Clarke, R. R. and NCM Staff. 1933-1973. Norwich Castle Museum Record Card - Neolithic. Haveringland. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Illustration: Clough, T.. 1973. Drawing of a Neolithic chipped flint axehead.. Card. 1:1. |
Related records - none
Find out more...