|Type of record:||Monument|
An ashlar and flint bridge which originally carried the main drive to Abbey House, Walsingham. Built in 1806 when the park was created.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 9354 3660|
|Parish:||WALSINGHAM, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
ORIGINALLY PART OF NHER 2029.
The bridge dates to c. 1806 when Abbey park was being created and is built of ashlar and flint. It carries the main drive to Abbey House.
Information from (S1)
K. Powell (HES), 20 March 2012
- ORNAMENTAL BRIDGE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Unpublished Contractor Report: Historic Landscape Management. 2008. Walsingham Abbey Grounds. Landscape Conservation Strategy. Historic Landscape Management. |
|56859||Part of: Abbey House Park, Walsingham (Monument)|