|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Clock tower to north of Shadwell Court|
The clock tower associated with Shadwell Court dates from 1856. It has a square plan below and octagonal above with a timber lantern.
Images - none
Previously recorded under NHER 6090.
13 May 1994. NLA air photography.
Photos showing great house and service buildings built around courtyard.
Cropmarks of garden features are clearly visible.
S. Massey, (NLA) 6 February 2001.
The bells in the clock turret may come from the church.
See details under site NHER 6093.
E. Rose, (NLA) 27 April 2000.
1856-60. Square plan below, octagonal above with timber lantern, Arched entrance through base to stableyard contains carving of highest quality.
A. Cattermole (HES), 14 June 2011.
- CLOCK TOWER (Post Medieval to Modern - 1856 AD to 2050 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Aerial Photograph: TL9283 D-G, J, K. |
|---||Aerial Photograph: TL 9283 M-U. |
|---||Graphic Material: Various. Various. Architectural plans.. |
|---||Aerial Photograph: Edwards, D.A. (NLA). 1996. TL 9283V-AA; TL 9282A. |
|<S1>||Scheduling Record: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. |
|6090||Part of: Shadwell Court (Building)|