Record Details

NHER Number:5748
Type of record:Building
Name:Site of Cluniac Priory (Priory of Our Lady) at Abbey Barns

Summary

The extensive remains of this medieval priory stand to the west of the town. Survivals include the lower walls of the church and cloister, the shell of the two storey Priors’ lodging and parts of the refectory. However, the most impressive structure is the 14th century gatehouse constructed from mortared flint rubble and faced with knapped flint and stone dressings.

The Cluniac monks moved to the present site in 1107-14 and their church was consecrated in 1114. The earliest monastic buildings date to the 12th century although later additions and alterations were also made. Much of the layout and architecture of the compound was based upon the Cluniac abbey at Castle Acre. A Lady Chapel was added to the priory church in the 13th century after the Virgin Mary is said to have appeared in a vision to locals requesting one to be built. As such the church was an important centre for pilgrims and also housed the tombs of the Howard dynasty. However, this did not save the priory from the Dissolution and the Howard tombs were moved to Framlingham at the time the priory was dissolved.

The ruins of the priory are an important survival as it was one of the three principal Cluniac complexes to be established in Norfolk. The remnant structures clearly demonstrate the layout of the conventual buildings and provide information concerning their structural history. The preservation of elements of the central precinct area is particularly noteworthy. The Priory is now under the care of English Heritage and open to members of the public.

Over the years various archaeological investigations have been conducted on site. These have recovered medieval window glass, coffins, pottery sherds and discovered traces of several late medieval buildings and a bellpit. On clearance of the site many Romanesque worked stones were recovered as well as re-used late Anglo -Saxon decorated tomb covers.

During a watching brief in 2005 archaeologists recorded a probable 19th century driveway beneath the modern drive, and demolition rubble associated with a possble medieval barn. A possible earthwork boundary bank is visible on the northern side of the Priory on aerial photographs (NHER 54530).

Images - none

Location

Grid Reference:TL 8653 8336
Map Sheet:TL88SE
Parish:THETFORD, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK

Full description

Cluniac Priory founded south of Little Ouse as Alien Priory, 1103-4. Founded on its present site 1107. Church, refectory, prior's apartments, Perpendicular gateway. Moved to present site 1114. Became a priory in 1376. Dissolved 1540.
Information from NCM card
R.R. Clarke (NCM).

Moved to present site 1107-14 as alien priory. Became priory 1376.

1951-56. Excavations by Ministry of Works.
Remains slight, but plan of considerable interest, consisting of a complete cloister some 12 metres (40 feet) with single range of rooms on west, south and east sides. The north range seems more substantial. Three of the rooms have fireplaces and part of a collapsed daub partition wall has been found.
In 1954 a stone coffin was found outside the east wall of the chapter house. Reported in (S1).
Priory tiling found, reported in (S2).
Excavations in the chapter house apse revealed 5 inhumations, 4 of which had irregular charring, probably accidental victims of a domestic fire. Fragment of black habit.
See (S3) for further details.
See (S38) and (S42) for short summaries.
Information from NCM card.
R.R. Clarke (NCM).

1971-1974. Excavation of Prior's Lodging.
On the range running west from the north-west corner of the west front a building dated from 1150-1250, altered in the 13th/14th century and early 16th century. In the 17th century Romanesque doors from elsewhere were reused. In decay in the 18th century.
Finds included floor and roof tiles, medieval pottery sherds, medieval bone peg, bone comb and lead window cames.
See (S4) and (S39) for further details.
E. Rose (NAU), 18 May 1988 amended by M. Langham-Lopez(HES), 10 June 2013.

July 1983. Casual find
Medieval sherds.
A. Goodwin, 6 December 1983.

1984. Documentary research.
When the Howard family obtained the Dukedom of Norfolk, they adopted the Cluniac priory, which had been the burial place of the Mowbray dukes. The plans of the early Howard dukes to turn this site into a dynastic mausoleum were shattered by the dissolution of the monasteries. Thomas Howard, third duke of Norfolk, made strenuous efforts to save Thetford, petitioning the king in 1539 either to convert the priory into a college of secular priests or to grant him the site in order to create a parish church. The priory not only contained Howard's ancestors, but also Henry VIII's illegitimate son, Henry Fitzroy.
For further details and descriptions of the tombs originally at this site, see (S5).
A. Cattermole (NLA), 22 August 2008.

Early 1990. Stray find.
Medieval blue glass roundel.
See (S6).
S. Margeson (NCM), 6 March 1990.

1990.
14th century hall house found inside the barn of Abbey Farm.
See (S7) and (S8) for further details.
Further to this, S. Heywood (NCC) reports another farm building discovered to be a 13th century aisled hall.
E. Rose (NAU), 5 March 1990.

October 1990. Evaluation excavation to south of priory by river.
The ground here was recent make-up above river valley deposits.
Information from (S10). The results of this work are summarised in (S43).
E. Rose (NAU), 16 August 1991.

August 1991. Trial Trenching.
Evaluation of farm courtyard south of gatehouse by medieval buildings. Contexts 1-93. Medieval bellpits found of probable 12th-century date and associated bell founding debris. Also found was Roman tile, a few medieval pottery sherds, worked flint and architectural fragments.
See report (S11) for further details. The results of this work are also summarised in (S40) and (S44).
E. Rose (NAU), 4 December 1991 amended by M. Langham-Lopez (HES), 28 June 2013.

April 1992. Dendrochronological Survey.
Examination of timbers from Abbey Farm Cottage and Abbey Farm Barm. Timbers from the eastern post-Dissolution bays at Abbey Farm Barm gave a felling date of AD 1532- c. 1540. No date could be determined for the timbers sampled at Abbey Farm Cottage.
See report (S41) and NHER 46386 and NHER 46506 for details.
P. Watkins (HES), 23 February 2014.

March 1995. Watching Brief.
Monitering of cable trench. Demolition rubble including flint, chalk and mortar.
See report (S12) in file for further details.
E. Rose (NLA) 14 November 1996.

1997. Building survey.
English Heritage Survey of Abbey Farm Cottage (NHER 46386) Abbey Farm Barn (NHER 46506).
See (S13) for details.
A. Cattermole (NLA), 22 August 2008.

2000. Dendrochronological Survey and Building Survey.
Further dendrochronological analysis of Abbey Farm Cottage and Abbey Farm Barn. Additional documentary research and fabric analysis also undertaken.
The timbers from Abbey Farm Cottage all fall within the date range 1400-1450.
The samples from Abbey Farm Barn confirm the findings of the study carried out in 1992.
See reports (S15) and (S16) for details.
A. Cattermole (NLA), 22 August 2008.

November-December 2000. Watching Brief.
NAU watching brief on cycleway groundworks. No finds or features of archaeological interest.
See report (S14) for further details.
D. Gurney (NLA) 23 February 2001.

2002. Dendrochronological Survey.
Reanalysis of tree ring data collected at Abbey Farm Cottage and Abbey Farm Barm in 1992.
A further six samples, one from the western half of the barn and five from the cottage, were dated. These are clearly contemporaneous with the 15th century phases identified for the western half of the barn and cottage.
See report (S17) for further details - this report replaces (S41).
A. Cattermole (NLA), 22 August 2008. Amended by P. Watkins (HES), 23 April 2014.

June 2003. Desk Based Assessment.
Proposals to develop Abbey Farm, which constitutes the outer court of St Mary's Priory in Thetford, may affect deposits of archaeological significance (if any survive) within the two extant late medieval buildings and the area of proposed development around the courtyard.
See report (S18) for further details.
A. Cattermole (NLA) 22 November 2004.

2004.
Examination and assessment of the 726 loose worked stones from Thetford Priory held by English Heritage.
See report (S37) for further details.
P. Watkins (HES), 23 February 2014.

February 2004.
The fishpond on the site has been back-filled as it was considered a serious health and safety risk.
See (S19) for further details,
H. White, (NLA), 4 February 2010.

July 2005. Watching Brief.
Monitoring of excavation of service trenches across drive, within scheduled area. Contexts 1-8 used.
A probable 19th century driveway was recorded beneath the modern driveway. Demolition rubble associated with a possible medieval barn was also encountered.
See report (S20) for further details. The results of this work are also summarised in (S36).
Previously recorded under NHER 41836.
A. Cattermole (NLA), 8 March 2007.

May 2006. Watching Brief.
Undertaken during the excavation of post holes for new information panels. No contexts used.
No archaeological finds or features were encountered.
See report (S21) for further details.
J. Allen (NLA), 1 March 2007.

March-April 2007. Trial Trenching and Test Pitting. Contexts 10000-10055.
Archaeological evaluation within the Abbey Farm complex. Two trenches were excavated, one in the western range and one in the northern range. The remains of a probable 19th/20th century brick stable floor was present, but no further archaeological features or deposits and no archaeological finds were encountered.
A series of test pits were also excavated in order to examine structural elements, the major within or adjacent to Abbey Farm Cottage (NHER 46386) and Abbey Farm Barn (NHER 46506).
See report (S22) for further information. The results of this work are also summarised in (S35).
See (S45) for details of proposed alterations.
J. Allen (NLA), 26 June 2007. Amended by P. Watkins (HES), 24 February 2014.

April 2007.
Human skeletal remains found while digging for garden pond 15m east of east end of priory church.
See (S23) in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 15 May 2007.

See also (S24) in file.
A. Cattermole (NLA), 22 August 2008.

August 2007
Scheduled monument consent granted regarding the conversion of listed buildings on the former highways depot to eight residential units on the south side of the courtyard.
See (S25) for further information
H. White (NLA), 22 January 2008

2008. Watching Brief.
Security improvements to the site included imporvements to the perimeter fencing, a new gateway and strategic tree planting. No remains were impacted by tree planting. During excavations for the new gateway an east-west aligned wall was observed, and appeared to be aligned with a wall footing running off the south east corner of the priory infirmary building. A large amount of post medieval roof tile was recovered, as well as two stone architectural fragments and a medieval crenellated final.
See report (S26) and press cutting (S27) for further details. A results of this work are also summarised in (S34).
H. White (NLA), 3 July 2009.

March 2009. Watching Brief.
Existing information panels were removed and the resulting holes were extended slightly to hold a new cement foundation. No archaeological finds or features were encountered.
See report (S28) for further information
H. White (NLA), 1 June 2009

November 2009.
See (S29)- (S32) for details of the debate surrounding the planned conversion of Abbey Barns into residential units.
H. White, (NLA), 12 November 2009

April 2010.
The Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) and the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) have jointly awarded a grant to the University of Leicester project ‘Representing Re-Formation: Reconstructing Renaissance Monuments’, on the Howard tombs at Framlingham.
This is described (S33) as follows:-
In 1934, large-scale excavations on the site of the ruins of Thetford Priory produced hundreds of late-medieval and Renaissance sculptural and architectural fragments, which are currently in storage with English Heritage. Many of these are known to be related to two of the Howard tombs in Framlingham parish church, which commemorate the third duke and his son-in-law, Henry VIII’s bastard son, Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond. The tombs as erected at Framlingham are not what they appear: they seem to have been put together from salvaged components and finished off with new materials. Determining what is original and what was added is very difficult. Our research will offer a radical new solution to the problem. Using cutting-edge 3-D scanning and analytical techniques developed for space science, we shall “disassemble” the tombs into their constituent parts, and recombine those components virtually, to recreate their original appearance and differentiate the later components from the earlier ones. We will be able to recreate the first, lost stages in the existence of the tombs. Further, our scientific investigation and analysis will determine which fragments excavated at Thetford originally belonged to these tomb-monuments and enable us to reintegrate virtually the appropriate fragments into our reconstructions.
D. Gurney (NLA), 12 April 2010.

Monument Types

  • DEMOLITION DEBRIS (Undated)
  • BARN (Medieval to Post Medieval - 1066 AD? to 1883 AD?)
  • BELL PIT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
  • DRAIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
  • FLOOR (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
  • GARDEN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
  • GRANARY (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
  • INHUMATION (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
  • PRIORY (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
  • PRIORY (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
  • PRIORY (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
  • TIMBER FRAMED BUILDING (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
  • WATERMILL (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
  • AISLED BUILDING (Medieval to Modern - 1200 AD? to 2050 AD?)
  • HALL HOUSE (Medieval to Post Medieval - 1300 AD? to 1799 AD?)
  • OVEN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
  • DRIVE (Post Medieval - 1800 AD? to 1899 AD?)
  • STABLE (Post Medieval to Modern - 1800 AD to 1999 AD)

Associated Finds

  • UNIDENTIFIED OBJECT (Undated)
  • TILE (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
  • GRAVESTONE (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
  • ARCHITECTURAL FRAGMENT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
  • ARCHITECTURAL FRAGMENT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
  • ARCHITECTURAL FRAGMENT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
  • BRICK (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
  • BRIQUETAGE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
  • COFFIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
  • COMB (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
  • DISC (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
  • METAL WORKING DEBRIS (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
  • METAL WORKING DEBRIS (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
  • MILLSTONE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
  • POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
  • POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
  • UNIDENTIFIED OBJECT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
  • BRICK (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
  • POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)

Protected Status

  • Listed Building
  • Scheduled Monument
  • Listed Building

Sources and further reading

---Aerial Photograph: Edwards, D.. 1986. NHER TL 8683E-F (NLA 183/DCQ20-21) 27-JUL-1986.
---Oblique Aerial Photograph: Edwards, D.. 1981. NHER TL 8683H-M (NLA 109/AQT23-30) 30-JUN-1981.
---Scheduling Record: English Heritage. Scheduling Report.
---Newspaper Article: 2003. Eastern Daily Press. 20 February.
---Newspaper Article: Green, D.. 2003. Eastern Daily Press. 23 May 2003.
---Newspaper Article: 2005. Eastern Daily Press. 16 November.
---Photograph: Crawley, P.. 2006. LXM.
---Monograph: Pevsner, N.. 1962. North-West and South Norfolk. The Buildings of England. p 229.
---Newspaper Article: Eastern Daily Press. 2010. The second Norman invasion.. 28 July.
---Newspaper Article: Eastern Daily Press. 2010. Priory 'wow factor'.. 3 November.
---Newspaper Article: Eastern Daily Press. 2003. Painting's big draw. 23 May.
---Newspaper Article: Eastern Daily Press. 1996. Village of 50 souls close to saving treasure. 26 December.
---Newspaper Article: Eastern Daily Press. 2003. Lost and rare treasure ready for a homecoming. 20 February.
---Archive: Clarke, R. R. and NCM Staff. 1933-1973. Norwich Castle Museum Record Card - Medieval. Thetford [5].
---Secondary File: Secondary file.
---Rolled Plan: Large Plan Exists.
---Slide: Various. Slide. 53-62.
---Fiche: Exists.
---Oblique Aerial Photograph: Edwards, D.. 1981. NHER TL 8683N-Q (NLA 109/SLIDE) 30-JUN-1981.
---Oblique Aerial Photograph: Edwards, D.. 1983. NHER TL 8683Y-AC (NLA 109/ASW12-17) 15-JUL-1983.
---Oblique Aerial Photograph: Edwards, D.. 1986. NHER TL 8683AH (NLA 183/DCQ18) 27-JUL-1986.
---Oblique Aerial Photograph: Edwards, D.. 1986. NHER TL 8683AV (NLA 183/DCQ19) 27-JUL-1986.
---Oblique Aerial Photograph: Edwards, D.. 1990. NHER TL 8683ABJ (NLA 270/GCN9-10) 10-JUL-1990.
---Oblique Aerial Photograph: Edwards, D.. 1989. NHER TL 8683ABL-ABM (NLA 237/DMF12-13) 12-JUL-1989.
---Oblique Aerial Photograph: Edwards, D.. 1989. NHER TL 8683ABY-ACA (NLA 223/DHS5-7) 15-JUN-1989.
---Oblique Aerial Photograph: Edwards, D.. 1986. NHER TL 8683ACG-ACJ (NLA 183/DEB6-8) 27-JUL-1986.
---Newspaper Article: Eastern Daily Press. 2013. Ancient and modern are brought together to rebuild monuments.. 11/09/2013.
---Unpublished Document: White, S. 1992. The Cluniac Priory of St. Mary's, Thetford - a plan for its interpretation to the public.
<S1>Newspaper Article: 1954. Eastern Daily Press. 22 October.
<S2>Newspaper Article: 1954. Eastern Daily Press. 11 March.
<S3>Article in Serial: Robertson-Mackay, R. 1958. Recent Excavations at the Cluniac Priory of St. Mary, Thetford, Norfolk. Medieval Archaeology. Vol I (for 1957) pp 96-103.
<S4>Article in Serial: Wilcox, R. 1987. Thetford Cluniac Priory Excavations 1971-4. Norfolk Archaeology. Vol XL Pt I pp 1-18.
<S5>Article in Serial: Marks, R.. 1984. The Howard Tombs at Thetford and Framlingham: New Discoveries.. Archaeological Journal. Vol 141, p 252f. pp 252ff.
<S6>Photograph: I&RS. Finds Polaroid. Polaroid.
<S7>Article in Serial: Heywood, S.. 1992. Abbey Farm Barn, Thetford: A Timber-Framed Cluniac Conventual Building.. NAHRG Annual. pp 40-44.
<S8>Newspaper Article: Eastern Daily Press. 1990. Eastern Daily Press. 3 March.
<S9>Article in Serial: 1993. Vernacular Architecture. Vol 24.
<S10>Article in Monograph: Andrews, P. and Penn, K. 1999. Watching Briefs and Trial Trenches. Excavations in Thetford, North of the River, 1989-90. East Anglian Archaeology. Andrews, P. and Penn, K. No 87 pp 83-88. p 88.
<S11>Unpublished Contractor Report: Penn, K. 1991. Excavations in the Outer Court of The Priory of Our Lady of Thetford (Abbey Farm). Norfolk Archaeological Unit. 80.
<S12>Unpublished Contractor Report: Moss, N. 1995. Report of Archaeological Watching brief at Abbey Gate, Thetford.. Norfolk Archaeological Unit.
<S13>Unpublished Contractor Report: Coppack, G. 1997. Thetford Priory - Timber Framed Buildings to the West of Abbey House. English Heritage.
<S14>Unpublished Contractor Report: Underdown, S. 2001. Report on an Archaeological Watching Brief at Thetford: York Way to Minstergate cycleway. Norfolk Archaeological Unit. 554.
<S15>Unpublished Contractor Report: Bond, R. and Ellis, R. 2000. Abbey Farm, Thetford. An Historical Assessment. English Heritage Historical Analysis & Research Team. Reports and Papers 32.
<S16>Unpublished Contractor Report: Howard, R., Laxton, R. and Litton, C. 2000. Tree-Ring Analysis of Timbers from the Barn and Cottage, Abbey Farm, Thetford, Norfolk. English Heritage Ancient Monuments Laboratory. 48/2000.
<S17>Monograph: Groves, C. 2002. Tree-Ring Analysis of Oak Timbers from Abbey Farm Barn and Cottage, Thetford, Norfolk. English Heritage Centre for Archaeology Report. 18/2002.
<S18>Unpublished Contractor Report: Penn, K. 2003. An Archaeological Desk Based Assessment of Abbey Farm, Thetford. Norfolk Archaeological Unit. 840.
<S19>Newspaper Article: Eastern Daily Press. 2004. Ruined- ancient pond all filled with rubbish. 2 February.
<S20>Unpublished Contractor Report: Boyle, M. 2006. An Archaeological Watching Brief at Abbey House, Thetford, Norfolk. NAU Archaeology. 1091.
<S21>Unpublished Contractor Report: Crawley, P. E. 2006. An Archaeological Watching Brief during the installation of new information panels at Thetford Priory, Norfolk. NAU Archaeology. 1173.
<S22>Unpublished Contractor Report: Birks, C. 2007. Report on an Archaeological Evaluation by Trial Trenching at Abbey Barns, Thetford. Chris Birks Archaeological Services. CB080.
<S23>Unpublished Document: Rogerson, A.. 2007. Report of discovery of human skeletal remains at garden of 15 Abbeygate, Thetford.
<S24>Graphic Material: Various. Various. Architectural plans..
<S25>Scheduling Record: DCMS. 2007. Scheduled Monument Consent.
<S26>Unpublished Contractor Report: House, J. 2009. Thetford Priory Security Project. Archaeological Watching Brief. Oxford Archaeology East. 1073.
<S27>Newspaper Article: Eastern Daily Press. 2007. New plans to protect priory ruins at night. 25 October.
<S28>Unpublished Contractor Report: Ratcliff, M. 2009. An Archaeological Watching Brief at Thetford Priory, Thetford. NAU Archaeology. 2112.
<S29>Newspaper Article: Eastern Daily Press. 2007. These monastic ruins are unique. 22 November.
<S30>Newspaper Article: Eastern Daily Press. 2009. Inquiry into proposal for Abbey Barns.. 11 November.
<S31>Newspaper Article: Eastern Daily Press. 2009. Abbey Barns planning inquiry is completed.. 12 November.
<S32>Newspaper Article: Eastern Daily Press. 2010. Blow for campaigners as barns plan gets go-ahead.. 10 February.
<S33>Unpublished Document: Society of Antiquaries of London.. 2010. SALON.
<S34>Article in Serial: Gurney, D & Hoggett, R. 2009. Excavations and Surveys in Norfolk in 2008. Norfolk Archaeology. XLV Part IV pp 570-578. p 578.
<S35>Article in Serial: Gurney, D. and Hoggett, R. (eds). 2008. Excavations and Surveys in Norfolk in 2007. Norfolk Archaeology. Vol XLV Pt III pp 441-452. p 451.
<S36>Article in Serial: Gurney, D. and Penn, K. 2006. Excavations and Surveys in Norfolk in 2005. Norfolk Archaeology. Vol XLV Pt I pp 124-136. p 134.
<S37>Unpublished Document: Jackie Hall. 2004. Scan of Collection of loose stone from Thetford Priory.
<S38>Article in Serial: Wilson, D. M. and Hurst, J. G. 1958. Medieval Britain in 1956. Medieval Archaeology. Vol I (for 1957) pp 147-171. p 153.
<S39>Article in Serial: Webster, L. E. and Cherry, J. 1974. Medieval Britain in 1973. Medieval Archaeology. Vol XVIII pp 174-223. p192.
<S40>Article in Serial: Nenk, B. S., Margeson, S. and Hurley, M. 1992. Medieval Britain and Ireland in 1991. Medieval Archaeology. Vol XXXVI pp 184-308. p254.
<S41>Unpublished Contractor Report: Groves, C. and Hillam, J. 1993. Tree-ring Analysis of Oak Timbers from the Abbey Farm Cottage and Barn, Thetford, Norfolk, 1992. English Heritage Ancient Monuments Laboratory. 34/93.
<S42>Article in Serial: Clarke, R. R. 1957. Other Archaeological Excavations 1956. Norfolk Research Committee Bulletin. Series 1 No 9 (for 1956) p 2.
<S43>Article in Serial: Gurney, D. (ed.). 1991. Excavations and Surveys in Norfolk 1990. Norfolk Archaeology. Vol XLI Pt II pp 240-246. p 245.
<S44>Article in Serial: Gurney, D. (ed.). 1992. Excavations and Surveys in Norfolk in 1991. Norfolk Archaeology. Vol XLI Pt III pp 371-379. p 378.
<S45>Unpublished Document: Scholes, S. 2007. Abbey Barns Thetford Structural Engineering Report on the Proposed Alterations. Cameron Taylor Report No. 06288600NST.

Related records

46386Parent of: Abbey Farm Cottage and barns, Monksgate (Building)
46506Parent of: Farm building to west of Abbey Farm Cottage on Monksgate (Building)
41836Parent of: Revoked record (Revoked)

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2019 Norfolk Historic Environment Service