|Type of record:||Building|
A 17th century brick house with substantial later alterations. The north front of the house has a two storey porch tower and early 19th century Gothick windows. The south front has a crenellated octagonal turret and a wall sundial. The nearby stables, walled garden and summerhouse date to the 18th century. Fragments of medieval limestone have been reused in outbuildings. The house is now a hotel.
Images - none
Hall of about 1600 much rebuilt in 18th century and about1900.
Medieval stone fragments in outbuildings.
See (S1) and (S2) in file.
E. Rose (NAU) 17 February 1983.
22 July 1993. NLA air photography.
M. Brennand (NLA), 12 February 2001.
- GARDEN HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- GARDEN WALL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- GREAT HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- STABLE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- SUNDIAL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- WALLED GARDEN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- HOTEL (Modern - 1901 AD to 2050 AD)
- ARCHITECTURAL FRAGMENT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Sources and further reading
|---||Aerial Photograph: TG7287 ACH. |
|---||Aerial Photograph: Edwards, D.A. (NLA). 1993. TL 7287ACU. |
|---||Graphic material: Various. Various. Architectural plans.. |
|---||Map: Bryant. 1826. Bryant's Map of Norfolk. |
|---||Newspaper Article: Lynn News. 2000. 28 July. |
|---||Serial: Pevsner, N.. The Buildings of England.. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Unpublished document: Rose, E.. 1983. Building Report.. |
|<S2>||Photograph: CCY 9-11. |
|13386||Parent of: Medieval cross base (Monument)|
Find out more...