|Type of record:||Find Spot|
A Neolithic flint borer and fragments of Late Neolithic to Early Bronze Age, or Beaker, pottery and Roman pottery found during the 1950s and 1960s.
Images - none
'Neolithic/Early Bronze Age' sherds (Beaker?) and Roman sherds and animal bones found in this area.
R.R. Clarke (NCM)
(S1) adds a flint borer found here in 1951.
Information from F. Healy (NCM).
- FINDSPOT (Early Neolithic to Roman - 4000 BC to 409 AD)
- ANIMAL REMAINS (Undated)
- BORER (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- POT (Late Neolithic to Early Bronze Age - 3000 BC to 1501 BC)
- POT (Beaker - 2300 BC to 1700 BC)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Archive: Clarke, R. R. and NCM Staff. 1933-1973. Norwich Castle Museum Record Card - Neolithic. Hockwold cum wilton. |
|---||Archive: Clarke, R. R. and NCM Staff. 1933-1973. Norwich Castle Museum Record Card - Roman. Hockwold Cum Wilton. |
|<S1>||Unpublished document: Curtis, F.. Curtis Catalogue. |
Related records - none
Find out more...