|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Tower mill at The Mill House|
A brick tower mill, built in 1823 and worked until the late 19th century when its sails were removed. It was later used as a water tower but has now been converted into a house.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 3734 1905|
|Parish:||LUDHAM, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Windmill. Tower mill, brick tower only survives, converted into house.
Seen by E. Rose (NAU) 23 August 1975.
Built 1823. Worked until 1890, sails removed 1893, later made into water tower. See (S1).
E. Rose (NAU), 16 September 1981.
Listed grade II (S2).
6 July 1994. NLA air photography.
Tower of mill intact and visible.
M. Brennand (NLA), 13 March 2001.
- WATER TOWER (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- WINDMILL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Aerial Photograph: Edwards, D.A. (NLA). 1994. TG3719/A, B, E, F. |
|<S1>||Article in serial: 1981. Norfolk Industrial Archaeology Society Journal. Vol III, No 1. |
|<S2>||Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest. |
|44505||Related to: The Mill House (Building)|
Find out more...