|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Gymnasium at Smithdon School|
A school gymnasium, part of an architecturally important school that was built between 1950 to 1954. It has a steel frame with brick infill and a flat roof. A later swimming pool is attached.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 67806 40536|
|Parish:||HUNSTANTON, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
|xOLD HUNSTANTON, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
March 1993. Listed, Grade II*.
Listing Description Excerpt:
"School gymnasium. 1950 to 1954. Alison and Peter Smithson. Steel frame and buff sandlime brick infill; flat roof. Freestanding symmetrical block of one tall storey in height; upper part of wall delineated by horizontal division and of taller proportion than lower floor."
Information from (S1).
Please consult the National Heritage List for England (S1) for the current listing details.
A. Cattermole (NLA), 5 April 2006. Amended J. Cullis (HES), 12 November 2019.
- GYMNASIUM (SPORTS) (Mid 20th Century to 21st Century - 1950 AD to 2100 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Designation: English Heritage. 1990-2013. English Heritage Listing Notification. Notification. DNF4780. |
|<S1>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1342261. |
|29696||Part of: Smithdon High School, King's Lynn Road (Building)|