|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Roman, medieval and post- medieval finds|
Metal detecting during 2004-05 recovered a medieval gold finger ring and two Roman coins. Further detecting in 2008 and 2001-2012 recovered medieval and post-medieval finds and Roman and post-medieval coins plus a post-medieval token respectively.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||Not displayed|
|Parish:||STRATTON STRAWLESS, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
October/November 2004. Metal detecting.
Medieval gold finger ring, submitted for consideration as Treasure.
See description in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA) 8 December 2004.
September/October 2005. Metal detecting, site extended. See  for old NGR.
Two Roman coins.
See list in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA) 7 November 2005.
October- November 2008. Metal Detecting.
1 Roman, 2 medieval and 1 post-medieval coin, Late Saxon strap or harness fitting (S1), post- medieval jetton and Jew's harp.
The Last Saxon strap or harness fitting has been reidentified as a medieval book clasp (12th century) by S. Ashley (HES), 14 March 2017. See PAS record.
See lists in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA) 5 December 2008. Amended by A. Beckham (HES), 16 March 2017.
December 2011-January 2012. Metal-detecting.
One Roman and one post-medieval coin. One post-medieval token.
See lists in file.
A. Rogerson (HES), 3 February 2012.
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval to 19th Century - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BROOCH (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- COIN (Roman - 355 AD to 361 AD)
- BOOK FITTING (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINGER RING (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- COIN (15th Century to 17th Century - 1500 AD? to 1699 AD?)
- COIN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- JETTON (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- JEWS HARP (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- TOKEN (17th Century - 1667 AD to 1667 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: I & RS. Digital finds image. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Illustration: Gibbons, J.. 2008. Drawing of a medieval book clasp. Film. 2:1. |
Related records - none
Find out more...