|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Multi-period metalwork objects and coins|
Metal detecting here in 2003 recovered various objects. These included a medieval rowel spur, an early post medieval phallic-shaped belt mount and a denarius of Trajan.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 37 11|
|Parish:||SOUTH WALSHAM, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
March-April 2003. Metal-detecting.
1 Roman coin.
1 medieval coin and 1 spur rowel.
2 post-medieval belt mounts and 1 hooked tag.
Coins identified by A. Marsden (NLA) and other objects by S. Ashley (NLA). See lists in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA) 9 May 2003.
Updated by J. Page (HES), 5 February 2014.
May/June 2003. Metal detecting.
See list in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA) 21 July 2003.
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- ROWEL SPUR (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- HOOKED TAG (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- STRAP FITTING (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
Related records - none
Find out more...