|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Saxon and post medieval metal finds|
Metal-detecting in 2002 and 2012 recovered a Late Saxon stirrup strap mount, a medieval finger ring and a post-medieval cloth seal.
|Grid Reference:||TG 42 07|
|Parish:||HALVERGATE, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
February 2002. Metal detecting.
Late Saxon stirrup strap mount.
Post medieval cloth seal.
See list in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 3 April 2002.
December 2012. Metal-detecting. .
Medieval silver finger ring.
Information from PAS import.
A. Beckham (HES), 5 May 2015.
Add finds from the western portion of this site to NHER 62396 .
A. Beckham (HES), 15 November 2017.
- FINDSPOT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- STRAP FITTING (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- FINGER RING (14th Century to 15th Century - 1400 AD to 1500 AD)
- CLOTH SEAL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: NLA. Finds Photograph. |
|---||Photograph: I & RS. Digital finds image. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...