|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Roman coins and brooch, post medieval coins|
Metal detecting in 2000, 2004 and 2011 recovered a small number of Roman coins, a Roman brooch, an undated spindle whorl or weight, a medieval coin and two post medieval coins.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 65 06|
|Parish:||STRADSETT, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
May 2000. Metal detecting.
One Roman coin, five medieval coins and one post medieval coin.
Undatable spindle whorl or weight in general area of track or road shown on 17th century map. .
Compiled by A. Rogerson (NLA), 29 June 2000.
March/April 2004. Metal detecting.
Two medieval coins.
See list in file with grid references.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 17 May 2004.
April-May 2004. Metal-detecting.
1 Roman brooch (T-shaped).
Identified by S. Ashley (NLA). See description in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 21 June 2004.
Updated by J. Page (HES), 13 March 2014.
April 2011. Metal-detecting.
One Roman and one medieval coin.
See lists in file.
A. Marsden (HES), 13 May 2011.
- FINDSPOT (Unknown date)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- SPINDLE WHORL (Undated)
- WEIGHT (Undated)
- BROOCH (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- COIN (Roman - 198 AD to 270 AD?)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- COIN (13th Century - 1248 AD to 1250 AD)
- COIN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...