|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Medieval to post medieval finds|
Metal-detecting between 1996 and 2011 recovered medieval coins, a medieval token and medieval to post-medieval metal objects. The metal finds include a medieval pendant; medieval/post-medieval copper alloy vessel fragment and lead balls and a post medieval strap fitting, powder measure and stud-chape from spur.
|Grid Reference:||TF 95 11|
|Parish:||SCARNING, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
1996. Metal detecting. .
Very odd ?late medieval pendant. Circular (diameter 25mm) with broken loop. Very worn central bearded face, probably Christ, in relief. Border of pellets and dots.
Identified by J. Davies (NCM) and A. Rogerson (NLA).
H. Geake (NCM), 8 November 1996.
August-September 2006. Metal-detecting.
1 medieval coin.
1 medieval/post-medieval vessel fragment.
1 post-medieval lead powder charge/measure and 1 belt mount.
Identified by S. Ashley (NLA). See list in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 16 October 2006.
Updated by J. Page (HES), 12 March 2014.
May-August 2013. Metal-detecting. Site extended to the southern, eastern and western field boundaries. .
1 medieval coin.
Medieval/post-medieval lead balls.
Post-medieval stud-chape from spur.
Information from PAS import.
A. Beckham (HES), 1 April 2014.
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval to 19th Century - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- PENDANT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- TOKEN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- VESSEL (Medieval to 19th Century - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- COIN (12th Century - 1136 AD to 1145 AD)
- AMMUNITION (12th Century to Mid 20th Century - 1200 AD to 1950 AD)
- POWDER MEASURE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- STRAP FITTING (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- SPUR (16th Century to 18th Century - 1600 AD to 1800 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...